Saturday, January 7, 2017

New Beginnings and Old Habits

Happy New Year everyone. Hope your holidays were as hoped for.  Here all the decorations are down and the house is looking a little empty right now, but that to will change. As will our weather the last couple days have been very cold for Texas but next week it will warm up and I will go to a quilting retreat with good friends.

My plans for this year is to empty those project boxes.  Is it just me or do you find that if you abandoned a project it is had to get back to working on it?

I started this project more years ago than I will admit at a retreat/workshop with Jo Morton.  I love it and do plan on finishing it but it has been slow going.  (Note to self - take it with you to retreat). 

This is my design wall today and there is another project on it that I cannot share at this time ☹️


 

I have started to add another round on the hexagon project.  And will take the other, which is a Frivol by Primitive Gatherings, to an upcoming retreat with me.

My last finish for 2016 was a swap that I did with some friends.  I did not want another large quilt so I  only used about half the blocks.  I have plans to use the other half in a quilt for my kitchen table.
 
I have also been doing some cross stitch while binge watching Netflix shows.

Here is the lastest that I picked up from the framer.
 

And this is in the works.
 
That about sums up what is new with me.  My goal is to plug along on those unfinished..... and try not to start too many new ones.  In two weeks I will have Rotator Cuff surgery so hopefully that will not through my goals of kilter too much and I am  thinking positively.

Till next time.
Pat

5 comments:

Karen said...

Love the Jo Morton project. I agree that it is hard to go back and work on an abandoned project. It is like you have lost the thought train of what you had intended to do and have to work through it all over again.

Jennie in GA said...

Congrats on your resolve to finish old projects. The Jo Morton is a beauty....and I love the hexies. Have fun at retreat!

Linda said...

Wishing you all the best with your surgery, Pat. All your projects are so very pretty. Yes, I too, feel it's kind of hard to get back into a project after it's been set aside for a while. Take care.

Dawn said...

Best wishes on your surgery.
I to have some secret sewing going on and plan to bring out some oldies but goodies and get them done. Your projects are all looking finish worthy, and close to done.
Take care!

Lily Allen said...

Love the Jo Morton project.great job.Congrats on your resolve to finish old projects.
clipping path