Thursday, March 24, 2011


There has been a lot going on in the sewing room over the last few weeks.  I am over half way done with my Farmers Wife Quilt.  I have started to assemble the rows as you can see here.  I have two more rows ready to add, but have run out of design wall space (big sigh here).Enchanted Alphabet 003This has been a fun project to work on.  The blocks have gone together nicely.  I plan to use this quilt on my bed and intended to just have it quilted in an all over design, but when I see the setting triangles it makes me want to have it custom quilted – wouldn’t half feather wreaths look great there and have the sashing quilted down the middle?

I finally finished up my cross stitch project Enchanted Alphabet.  Here are a couple of  quick picture that I snapped as I was rushing off to the framers. 

Enchanted Alphabet 004 Enchanted Alphabet 001








Yesterday I picked this quilt up from the longarm quilter, I thinks she did a great job.  Love those feathers in the sashings.  I think I am going to bind it in red to pick up the colors in the border.  The picture looks a little faded,  the greens are more olive tone than they appear.  This was a block of the month designed by my friends Betsy Chutchian and Betty Edgell.  I have had it done for well over a year, but it hung in the closet waiting to be quilted.

Civil War Sampler

I started my spring house cleaning and decorating this week.  I hope to finish up tomorrow and have the weekend free to sew.

Until next time.