Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Productive Day

Today started out to be a gloomy one and we got some much needed rain. And, the temporary cool spell was very welcomed. So I decided it was a good day to stay home and do some laundry. I also organized my digital scrapbooking file on the computer. Do your files ever get really messy and out of order? I also straightened my sewing room. So with that all done I feel free to do some things that I love - “Quilting”

I have become a stamping fool! What is a stamping fool you ask? I ordered these neat rubber stamps from Cindy Blackberg in Tennessee. So I have been hand piecing a wonderful table topper that she designed for American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine. Each of these little stars measure 3-1/2 inches across

Fabric Stamping 001 As you can see from this back view the lines are easy to read, much quicker than pencils and templates, and you do not stretch your fabric like you can do using templates. Being they are hand pieced you can manipulate the seams like you want to for easier pressing. Needless to say, I am really sold on these stamps and plan to buy some more.

Fabric Stamping 002I find the hand piecing very relaxing to do and I can complete the little stars very quickly while watching the news.

I couldn’t wait to see how they were all going to look when they were put together. So here is a sample

Fabric Stamping By the looks of some of these pictures I better practice my photo editing skills. But I think you can get the picture. This makes a good take-a-long project for when I am waiting for appointments or for get togethers with my sewing group.

Until next time.

Pat

2 comments:

Donna Keating said...

I love the process with the stamping method and hand piecing. I also have the Lemoyne star set from byKate.com but have only made three of those blocks thus far.

Behind My Picket Fence said...

You did an amazing job with your little blocks and I can see where the stamps would come in very handy. Your seam pressing is outstanding - not everyone "twirls"!