Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It’s a Jammie Day here in Texas

Last night we had rain, sleet, snow and ice.  So today the town in almost shut down.  Terrible roadways and stranded motorists.  I feel so grateful that I no longer have to get out in it or make a decision about what to do.  So I stayed in my jammies all day and sewed.

About 10 days ago I went to a quilting retreat so I thought I would show you some of the little projects that I worked on.

This was a fabric challenge quilt and we had to focus on the acorns hence, the oak leaves.  The applique is a freebie from Sentimental Stitches.  It is from an antique quilt called Beyond the Cherry Tree.  I was pleased with the end result.

Acorn Challenge 001

I also completed these tops.  I ran out of red fabric for the border on one, so I will just bind it in blue.  I think that the little one is so cute.  I want Mr. Quilts to make me a doll bed so I can use these little cuties. Small Quilts 002 Small Quilts 001

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I also worked on this wall hanging called House on the Square by Jacqueline Paton.  I have since placed all of the red wool chimneys on the top.  Maybe I will sew them down tomorrow because it looks like it will be a repeat of today. This was a fun quilt  to make.

House on the Square

Until next time – stay warm.

Pat

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love to sew in my jammies!! Have fun. Love the Beyond the Cherry Tree!

Donna Keating said...

Love your projects. Can't wait to see the small quilts of the little bed your hubby should build.

I've been in sweats the last two days all comfy and warm. No outdoors activity for me.

antique quilter said...

oh boy love the quilt show today!
fun little quilts and that house quilt is adorable!
thanks for sharing
lucky you to have a DH that can build you a doll bed, someday I will find one to buy!
Kathie